Apply for the Food Connection Challenge and Get funded up to $20,000
Are you an SME in Nigeria or Benin, active in the agri & food sector and struggling with issues related to storing, processing, cleaning, grading, handling or transporting of (processed) agricultural products?
Join the Food Connection Challenge!
In 2018, the Food Connection Challenge calls upon SMEs in Nigeria and Benin to submit their innovative ideas to reduce post – harvest losses. You will benefit from workshops, training sessions, innovation jams and remote coaching to improve your ideas and turn them into a business plan that is ready to be implemented. The best plans will be pitched at a final event. If you win you will receive matching funding from the Postharvest Network to realize your plans, up to a maximum of €20,000.
Ready for the challenge?
- From April 9th – May 18 th 2018: Register online
- June: Selection of participants by an independent committee
- July: Participants receive a 3 – day business training
- September: 1 – day innovation session to improve business cases
- September / October: Participants work on their ideas through (remote) coaching
- November / December: Participants receive a pitch training
- December: The grand finale, where participants present their ideas and winners are selected